At Azanzi rustic chic meets barefoot luxury where soft powder white beaches & the warm Indian Ocean offer a peaceful paradise.
|WHY WE HAND-PICKED THIS EXPERIENCE:
Azanzi is all about laid-back beach living; a small resort with friendly staff, sensational sunsets and gorgeous beaches. Perfect for a romantic hideaway and some much needed quality time.
- 7 Nights/8 Days (Stay 7 Nights/Only Pay for 6)
- Start: Johannesburg – End: Johannesburg
- A small and intimate hotel with friendly staff
- Multi-level viewing decks offer spectacular views over the tranquil Indian Ocean
- Spend long lazy days on secluded sandy beaches dotted with palm trees
- The Bridge Restaurant offers a charming and relaxed ambience with sensational ocean views
- Enjoy glorious sunsets and sundowners from the bar & pool area
- Memorable beach barbeques with a lavish array of sumptuous seafood (weather dependant)
- In-house Padi Dive Centre offering open water dive courses, diving trips & snorkeling trips
|BEST TIME TO GO||The best time to visit Zanzibar is from June until October as well as in February. Good scuba diving months are July and August and again in February.
We do not recommend visiting Zanzibar during the main rainy season March, April and May and again in November and December when it is the short rainy season, rain is lighter and shorter. Please note weather patterns change and can be unpredictable.
View more Zanzibar Packages
Honeymoon Bliss at Azanzi Beach Hotel
Day 1-5: Azanzi Beach Hotel - North East Coast Matemwe
Depart O.R Tambo International Airport in Johannesburg on a scheduled flight to Zanzibar; the flying time is approximately 4h45 minutes. (Stop-over in Dar-es-Salaam) On arrival in Zanzibar you will be warmly welcomed and transferred by road to Azanzi Beach Hotel (average road transfer time 60 minutes).
Overnight: Azanzi Beach Hotel – 7 nights (All meals & local drinks)
On arrival, you will check in and spend the afternoon at leisure at the resort. The hotel is situated on the North Eastern coast of Zanzibar, and approximately 45 minutes from the airport in Stonetown. Azanzi is a luxury boutique beach hotel offering 35 rooms. The central guest entertainment areas offer guests multi-level viewing decks, a well-stocked curio shop, azure swimming pool, bar and dining area – maximizing the sensational views of the majestic and tranquil Indian Ocean, and soft sandy beaches dotted with palm trees. Room categories include 8 Standard Rooms, 12 Superior Rooms, 9 Deluxe rooms and 6 Deluxe Suites. Standard rooms offer en-suite showers only. All rooms offer en-suite facilities, air-conditioning, tea & coffee making facilities, bar fridges, hair dryers, mini safes, available at reception and mosquito nets.
Day 2 – 7 Azanzi Beach Hotel
After breakfast you can enjoy the resort facilities or book one of the activities on offer at hotel reception. Hotel facilities include a games room with pool table, dartboard and table tennis, a Guest TV lounge with DSTV Africa, a Curio Shop, complimentary Wi Fi throughout the resort, 24 hr laundry service, Beach Volleyball and Aqua Aerobics.
Romantic dinner on the beach
Pool area at Azanzi Beach Hotel
Drinks overlooking the beach
AZANZI ACTIVITIES & TOURS (at additional cost)
- Zanzibar is part of the East African republic of Tanzania and consists of the Zanzibar Archipelago in the Indian Ocean. The Azanzi Beach Hotel is the perfect base from which to explore Stone Town, a World Heritage Site, the scenic attractions of this delightful tourist destination as well as the beautiful marine reserves that abound
- Scuba diving is on-site and provided by Scuba fish
- Snorkelling provided by Scuba fish – trip by boat/bus approx. 5-6 hours in total. Departs Azanzi in morning and returns around lunch time.
- Fishing – deep sea and fly fishing – collection from Azanzi, either by boat or vehicle depending on tides. Approx. 06h00 to 11h00/12h00 – Dhow sundowner cruises – Departs from Nungwi approx. 30 minutes’ drive away – Therapeutic massages – at Maua Spa on premises. – Horse riding – departs from Kiwengwa – 20 minutes’ drive/ or from Seacliff – 30 minutes – Quad biking tours – tours depart from Kiwengwa – 20 minutes’ drive – Jet skiing, skiing and parasailing at Nungwi – 30 minutes from Azanzi – Turtle sanctuary at Nungwi – 30 minutes from Azanzi – Jozani Forest and Butterfly sanctuary, followed by lunch at Rock restaurant – 90 minutes from Azanzi – “Island Escape” Dhow excursions – available from Azanzi – including snorkelling at Mnemba reefs, a visit at the Mnemba sandbanks including beach barbeque at Myuni beach – Golf, 30 minutes from Azanzi.
- A Peter Matkovich designed 9 hole course, in the most beautiful setting overlooking the Indian Ocean. A golf course that every golfer needs on his list – Mangapwani caves followed by lunch on a beautiful private beach – 30 minutes from Azanzi. Ideal in combination with a Spice plantation tour
Day 8: Departure
After breakfast and check-out you will be transferred by road back to the airport in time for your scheduled flight back to O.R Tambo International in Johannesburg.
End of Trip!